NO EXPENSIVE TRANSFERS. ALL INCLUSIVE. MET ON ARRIVAL TO MPULUNGU.
A new guided adventure tour along the western shore of Lake Tanganyika, Zambia using kayaks and a large custom support dhow. The trip aims for clients to experience the very best that the lake has to oﬀer with:
- Camping in completely exclusive, isolated and beautiful wilderness for 3 nights followed by 1 night’s rest and relaxation at Ndole Bay Lodge, the most northern tourism operator in Zambia.
- Fresh water snorkeling (or SCUBA diving) to see some of the 250 species of Cichlid ﬁsh only found in Tanganyika.
- Bush walks in Nsumbu national park to learn some of the heritage, experience the unique habitat and enjoy the local wildlife
- Kayaking on the warm, pristine lake waters across large bays, next to white sandy beaches and even up the Lufubu River mouth. All under the backdrop of the rift valley.
- Angling for some of Africa’s ﬁnest fresh water sporting ﬁsh e.g. Nile Perch (Pamba), Emperor Cichlid (Nkupi) and Tiger (Sokonto)
The support team includes a lake experienced coxswain, a lodge standard chef and a trained guide as well as a DNPW. escort. The dhow will always be close to the kayaks for support and security, it will also be used to reduce distance gaps if the tour falls behind at any point during the day.
All camping and kayaking equipment. Snorkel & ﬁshing equipment. All meals & soft drinks. Accommodation & meals in Mpulungu and at Ndole Bay Lodge, DNPW Nsumbu NP Entry Fees.
SCUBA Diving*, Alcoholic Drinks, DNPW Angling Fees,
*SCUBA Diving is an extra$200 per person. This includes 3 dives and all equipment. Divers must be PADI qualiﬁed to Open Water level or above
All clients should be reasonably ﬁt, able to swim &comfortable in the water. They should also haveappropriate medical insurance that covers emergency air evacuation.
Tour departure dates can be ﬂexible for the initial booking or for a full sale to 4 PAX. However,we recommend timing trips with full moon.